Whether you are eloping to New York or a local who just adores Central Park, these 843 acres are filled with so many romantic locations for your wedding ceremony.
For small Central Park weddings, I will usually meet you at West 72 Street and we walk into the park together. We stroll along until we find the perfect spot for you.
If your ceremony will include more than 20 guests (including you, parents, bridesmaids, etc.) you will need to apply for a permit. Permits carry a fee of $25. For more information, contact the Special Events & Permits Office of the NYC Department of Parks & Recreation at nyc.gov/parks. It takes 30 days to process a permit. More Permit Information
The Conservatory Gardens, a fenced off portion of Central Park located on Fifth Avenue and 105th Street in Manhattan is a popular wedding venue. This six-acre Garden is made up of three smaller gardens, each with its own particular charm. Extensive displays of flowers, shrubs, and trees are in bloom from early spring through late October. Permits for the Conservatory Gardens are $400. There is an additional fee of $100 for photography. The Conservatory Garden has a separate permit system and a permit is required for any size gathering. To obtain a permit Contact the Central Park Conservancy at 212.360.2766 or via their website.
Other Parks: New York City is filled beautiful parks, in all boroughs. Here is a link to Other New York Parks
To Contact Susan to arrange officiating: 212-995-0801 or email [email protected]
Some things to Consider
Central Park Event Restrictions
- No set-up (includes tents/tables/chairs); chuppahs may be hand-carried in and out with prior permission
- No amplified sound (acoustic music is permitted) No vehicles or pedicab drop-off permitted.
- No alcohol
- No flowers, balloons, or decorations
- No banners or signs affixed to Park property or trees; no staking into the ground
- The public must always have access to the park
- Cleanup is required; the venue should be in the same condition as it was before the event
Suggested Locations for Weddings in Central Park
Cop Cot (max. 50 ppl.): At 60th St., close to Central Park South in the center of the park, Cop Cot has a tree canopy and sparse roof that can take some of the guesswork out of outdoor wedding planning, offering some protection from light rain and dreary weather. In spring the black locust trees that surround Cop Cot are in bloom. In Fall the rich oranges, burgundies, and ochres of the changing trees surround Cop Cot. Though the air may be slightly chilly, Cop Cot’s location near the entrance to the park allows for a beautiful ceremony convenient to the Upper East Side’s many restaurants.
- Ladies Pavilion (Gazebo, max. 20-25 ppl.): At 77nd St. and West Drive
- Wagner Cove (Gazebo, max. 20-25 ppl.): At 72nd St. west of Cherry Hill at the edge of the lake. If a water view is important to you this is an ideal spot. And somewhat private.
- Shakespeare Garden (max. 20-25 ppl.): At 79th St. and West Drive
- Bethesda Terrace /Bethesda Fountain (25 ppl.): Off of 72nd St. Transverse in the center of the park with the Angel of the waters topping the fountain.
- Cedar Hill (max. 50 ppl.): 79th St. and 5th Ave. on the east side of the park
- Great Hill (max. 100 ppl.): West 103rd St.
- Belvedere Plaza (max. 20-25 ppl.): No access to castle
- The Pool Lawn (max. 80 ppl.): Between West 101st and 102nd Sts., north lawn of pool
- Summit Rock (max. 80 ppl.): 83rd St. and Central Park West